Webmaster Tools Errors

Hi,

I was going through our webmaster tools and we are getting a few errors for not having title tags but the pages are from the nitrosell portal website, for example Fancy Dress Costumes and Party Supplies - PartyWorld is one of the errors. How do we fix this so it does not show up as an error on our end.These same links are also causing errors to show up on webmaster tools under our mobile site usability.

Also we are getting reports from webmaster tools saying some of our pages are not being viewed correctly on mobile devices. This page for example http://www.partyworld.ie/Jointed-Leprechaun-Decoration/290169/

Regards,
David

Hi,

Any update on this.

Also, we have a number of errors coming from webmaster tools saying we have a lot of duplicate title tags and meta descriptions. This seems to be caused when there are multiple pages for the same department/category/product. For example with a costume that has small, medium and large sizes, Google is saying that these pages are duplicates of the original page. Another example is with our Hen Party section as there are so many products it spans over 9 pages and again Google isn’t seeing these a individual pages but as duplicates of the first hen party page, I have attached an image to show what I mean. Is this problem due to the canonical tags and do they need to be fixed.

Regards,
David

Hi David,

We actually tackled the issue with duplicated content being reported to Google in this forum post Tackling Potential Content Duplication Issues in Your WebStore

Basically and as explained in that post, you will need to add some nitroscript commands in your header template to allow us to correctly report the relationship between listing pages.

Please update your template accordingly or if you need further assistance with that process, we will be delighted to help you out!

Have a great weekend.

Regards,
Franclin

Hi Franclin

Its great that this can be done can you assist when best suits

Regards
David

Hi @david_acheson,

I have just made the necessary adjustments in your header template to address the content duplication issue. If you visit this page Hen Party Accessories & Party Supplies - PartyWorld - Page 3, and view the source of the page, you will notice the next, prev, pagination links provided in the header of the page as per our description in the relevant thread.

Regarding the missing title tag on the portal page, I am afraid there seems to be some confusion as to which page exactly was flagged by the search engine. As far as I can see, all our portal pages are not indexable at all. Indeed, if you open that very same page and view its source, you will notice the following directive in the header section: which explicitly tells robots not to index or follow any link found in those pages. I am therefore inclined to ask you to double the pages and get back to us. We will then be in a much better position to advise you on the next course of action.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Franclin