Set Up In Store Pickup for CRE

How does Nitrosell recognize the In Store Pickup options for CRE?
There is no setting on Shipping Methods Admin to identify a particular type of Shipping as In Store or Curb Side Pickup unlike RMS?
Thanks
Shri

Hi Shri,

The in-store pickup options aren’t necessarily different at the POS from regular shipping. Usually it boils down to them being free of charge and can be restricted by location (for example within a state or city).

Some of our WebStore Manager options utilize the popular naming conventions (like ‘in-store’, ‘pickup’ etc.) to detect if an option is an in-store pickup.

I hope that this answers your question but if I can assist you in any way please don’t hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Peter

Peter, on the same note i have one more question.
We are using Tax Cloud to collect taxes and this is generally based on shipping address.
We are doing only In Store pickups and not shipping and set the config for shipping address to default to store address for in store pickup option.
Since our store is in the border of Kansas/Misouri(Actual location is in Kansas), only the Kansas Customers are being charged the Sales Tax and Missouri orders are being charged 0$ for tax.

Why is the Store address not being taken into account as we already picked the option for In Store Pickups and charging sales tax for Missouri Customers?

I think this is a bug we need to fix quickly.

Thanks
Shri

Hi Shri,

Thank you for the detailed information. We will need to take a look into it more closely, would you be able to open a ticket on our portal please?

Regards,

Peter

Hi @balmoori

TaxCloud uses both your customer’s shipping address and your nexus’s configuration to compute any applicable sales taxes. Given that your store is located at the border, I would suggest that you add Missouri as your nexus. This way, you will be able to collect sales tax for both states.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Franclin

Franclin, thats not a solution to add Missouri as Nexus State as they collect only 4% sales Tax and we collect 9.1% sales tax in kansas. The customer is doing an In Store Pickup and picking the order in Kansas not in Missouri.

I contacted Tax Cloud and they are saying we are responsible for the difference in Sales Tax if we collected less.
This is a bug which needs to be fixed right away.
I clearly selected ‘Override Customers Shipping Address for In Store Pickup’ method and our only shipping method is ‘Free Curb Side Pickup’.
Why is the Customers shipping address being used still to collect 0$ sales tax.

How can we fix this ASAP?
This will put us under a lot of liability.

Thanks
Balmoori

Hi @balmoori

I will dig into it tomorrow and get back to you. Normally when you pick an instore pickup shipping method, the shipping address should be set to the verified store address.

Regards,
Franclin

Franclin, any further updates on this?

Hi @balmoori

We are currently performing some final tests before releasing a fix for this issue in our alpha and beta branches. We will therefore be grateful if you could give us your consent so that we can move your store on branch beta so that you could avail of the fix.

Currently your store is running on our Early Adopters branch.

Let us know your thoughts please.

Regards,
Franclin

Franclin, please go ahead and move it to beta branch.
Do we loose any functionality by moving to that branch?
What is the difference between beta and early adopters branch? (I signed up for Time Slot based Delivery feature). Will that be affected?
Thnaks
Shri

ok thanks @balmoori your store is now running on our beta branch.
Let us know if the issue has been mitigated please.

Regards,
Franclin

Franclin this issue is not resolved still. We got orders today also and we are still charging 0$ tax.

Hi @balmoori
We are digging into this issue at the moment. We did spot some transactions not yielding any sales tax. We are in the process of releasing a fix for this. We will then monitor both your transactions and our logs to ensure that everything is running smoothly and update you in due course.

Thanks for your patience ad sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Kindest regards
Franclin