Retail Management Hero - integration/changeover

Greetings to All…

My store in a couple weeks will be switching from RMS Store Operations to Retail Management Hero.

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has gone through this migration. We currently are on RMS Store Operations v2.0.1000. We currently use Retail Hero Points, which, now is fully integrated with RMH.

I have search online for any manuals/documentation for RMH, but have come up empty. I genuinely want to avoid any _issues with the migration. _ Any suggestions or comments on the process would be greatly appreciated.
David
The TreeHouse Inc

Hi David- Did you end up doing this migration? We are looking into moving from RMS v2.0.1000 to RMH as well… wondering how yours went?

Hi Molly,

We did migrate to Retail Management Hero. The process was quite involved. There are days when I was still using RMS. As with any “upgrade”, there are so many affected areas with many Pros and Cons (too numerous to list here). All things considered, it was a good decision to migrate. BUT, if you decide to migrate, prepare yourself for the upcoming stress.

David

1 Like

Are you using the HQ piece? That’s a big concern for us.

While we still happily recommend RMH and RMH Central, we are also in the process of building an integration to Lightspeed POS, as an alternative, and are looking for beta customers.

More info on Lightspeed here: Retail POS System | Lightspeed Point of Sale Software

And on our beta here: Lightspeed POS Beta

Great info. We’ve been waiting for RMH/Central to be finished for years, and considering how long it’s taking, we’re wary of considering it any more. Not that it’s your area, but are you posting this in this thread because Lightspeed now has similar capabilities to RHM/Central? Last we looked at it, it was nothing like RMS/RMH/Central

I understand Frank. We do have a couple of customers on Central already, though it is still in beta.

We haven’t done a like-for-like comparison; from what I can tell Lightspeed has a solid feature-set. It does have some multi-store capabilities, maybe not as sophisticated as RMH Central: