Blog 401. The Blog Landing page

Blog index

The Blog Landing Page

By Default the blog landing page can be found at

www.YOUR_STORE_DOMAIN/store/go/blog/

The layout of this page includes the blog category panel {include:BlogCategoryPanel}, a list of blog articles <div id="blogarticlelist">, a panel with the most viewed blog articles {include:BlogMostViewedPanel}, a panel with any archived articles {include:BlogArchivePanel}.

These various aspects of the landing page are all nitroscript panels and can be modified through the edit template page in your Webstore Manager (WSM).

Removing Panels

Removing panels is as simple as removing the NitroScript {includePanelName} tag.

Modifying Panels

Each panel has its own template that can be modified to suit your needs. You will note that each template has a loop that it iterates over. This is the mechanism it uses to print out all the blog articles so be slow to break the loop!

next: The Blog Category Panel

I created a blog category page but when i try to go to my blog landing page, it says that it doesn’t exist. Do I need to create it somehow first?

Also, is there a way to have a tab to my blog that would go to this landing page? I only see ways to tab a category page or blog article.

Thanks

Greg

Your blog landing page can be found here: http://www.hitchwarehouse.com/store/go/blog/ I see you have a single article created in May?

http://www.hitchdirect.com/store/go/blog/ doesn’t have any article yet.

These articles listed through the link Blogging on the NitroSell Platform should help you get started.

The short version is: you can safely ignore the tabbed/ untabbed input, this refers to making items appear in the default templates. Your templates have been modified by designers so this functionality probably won’t do anything. You might instead add the URL of the blog landing page to your footer in an <a> tag so that people can go there. If you need help doing this open a ticket and someone on the support team will talk you through it. You might want a few more article before you do that though!

Have a good weekend
James

Thanks James,

We were missing the last / at the end of the web address and it just kept saying page not found. We’ve read all the articles you shared and are just trying to get it all started up.

James,

How do we delete that article?

Kalina

@Kalina

would you believe that no one has ever asked to do that? At the moment the only way to make that happen is for me to delete it for you. Give me the exact article (title and date) and I’ll have it removed from the DB

James

Lol. That’s great. The Article is called Cargo Boxes and it was created May 5, 2016.

I only put it in as a test to see how it would show up. I thought I had deleted it but it’s obviously still there.

Thanks James

Kalina

@james_mcging

It’s still there. Should I open a ticket instead?

Kalina

Kalina

there were some IT issues last week that made little tweaks like this problematic. Expect full service to resume sometime this week!

James

1 Like

Kalina

this time it should be gone, departed, dead - a bit like a certain parrot

James