PAM- Supplier Reorder Field

Hi,

New users here, just installed some of the Nitrosell software and we have Retail Management Hero as our EPOS.

Just wondering is there a way to get Supplier Reorder Numbers in PAM.

All our images that we get from our suppliers have the supplier reorder number as their file name. If there was a Supplier Reorder field it would make pulling these images into PAM so much easier.

Maybe there is a simple solution but as I said I’m a completely new user.

Thank,

David

Hi David,
We’re using RMH & NitroSell too, and I’m well used to digging around the guts of RMS/RMH after years of exploring.

How are you recording the number in RMH, or are you doing so yet?

Regards, Gareth

Hi Gareth,

We are recording the number in the Purchase section of an item, please see attached .

Regards,

David

1 Like

I’m not sure that field can be brought into PAM, but it can definitely be brought into field mapping.

The data you need is stored in [SupplierList].[ReorderNumber].

The [SupplierList] table holds information about specific Product<>Supplier relationships, where [SupplierList].[ItemID] is the unique identifier of the product (which will match [Item].[ID] from the table where most product information is stored) and [SupplierList].[SupplierID] is the unique identifier of the supplier (which will match [Supplier].[ID] from the table where general information about the supplier is stored, and should match [Item].[SupplierID] from the table where most product information is stored IF they are the primary supplier).

The best way to proceed will very much depend on how accurate your data is, and whether you always have images for product where there is a valid [ReorderNumber], but if you raise a ticket I’m sure the support guys will be able to advise you.

Regards, Gareth

NB - each of the [ID] fields above is an internal numerical reference in the respective database table, and is NOT a value you can see in RMH or should ever edit.

1 Like

Hi Gareth,

Thanks a million for your help, really appreciate it.

I will open a ticket in relation to this issue and hopefully they can help me with this issue.

Regards,

David

Would love to hear about the outcome to this issue. I too would like to have a Reorder and Supplier name attribute.

Hi,

We have recorded our reorder number in 2 places on our RHM. One of those is the Sub description 2 and we are able to access the Sub description 2 in PAM.

Nitrosell were then able to map it so it showed up on our packing list.

Regards,

David

We use RMS and do the following to get reorder number into PAM (and ultimately up to google for shopping), but it requires considerable confidence in SQL.

1. Create a new attribute in PAM called MPN of type string
  2. Run the following SQL script to populate the field called MPN:

update nitroasl_pamtable set mpn = (select ReorderNumber from supplierlist where supplierlist.itemid = nitroasl_pamtable.itemid)
where exists
(select supplierlist.ReorderNumber from supplierlist where supplierlist.itemid = nitroasl_pamtable.itemid)
and nitroasl_pamtable.itemid not in (select item.id
from item, supplierlist
where item.id = supplierlist.itemid
group by item.id
having count(*) > 1)

Note this captures the reorder numbers at a moment in time rather than keeping them up to date, so the above script needs to be run as often as necessary (we usually run it after a block of creating new products).
(Also note it ignores any items with multiple suppliers).

If that helps anyone? We too would struggle massively to maintain data without the reorder number appearing in PAM.

Emma

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions everyone.

Emma, support can help you automate this – we can take that query and make it a SQL Server database trigger that runs every time the supplierlist table is updated.

Hi Donogh,

Thanks, yes I had planned to turn this into a trigger but then realised that in all probability the nitroasl_pamtable record would not exist at the point in time when the supplierlist record was created. So we would also need a trigger on create in nitroasl_pamtable at which point I decided that was too much tinkering!

Emma

Interesting, not sure about that one, but we can certainly experiment with it on our side. I don’t think it’s a huge amount of work.