Web Coupon Requiring Charity Item
Tied in with the charity panel is a new restriction in the web coupons page. It is now possible to create a web coupon that requires the user of the web coupon to select an item from the charity panel on the checkout page.
Steps to set it up
- Create a Web Coupon as described here or select an already existing web coupon;
- On the restrictions tab of the web coupon tick the checkbox at the bottom titled ‘Using this coupon forces the user to pick an item from the charity panel’;
- Save the coupon;
- Ensure that the charity panel is populated with items that are in stock;
- Ensure the charity panel is enabled (WSM->Marketing->Charity);
- Ensure the charity panel is visible on the checkout;
- Add an item to your basket;
- Go to the checkout;
- Enter the web coupon code;
- Try to checkout without selecting a charity item (this step should fail);
- Select a charity item;
- Checkout again (it should work this time);
- At your POS ensure that the charity item is present in the web order;
What a great new feature. Thanks for adding!
I am trying to use the require charity donation with the use of the coupon code, but I do not see Requires charity donation box when creating the coupon code. Am I just missing it?
Hi Scott, we’ve rebuilt the coupon feature since but I will discuss this with our development team, if we can bring this option back.
It is a custom feature that I paid for and was working. I just hadn’t used it yet. Now I want to start implementing it.I look forward to hearing back from you.
Is there a way to change the wording “show your support for one or more of these charities”? We’re just trying to add a free gift at checkout. thanks.
This string can be found in Edit Templates under “Checkout > Charity Panel”. Append this to your base store URL to see the template (assuming it’s on the responsive templates):