Enabling multiple coupon codes at checkout

It would be nice if Nitrosell can make the coupon section a little more robust then it is right now. NItrosell has already enhanced the coupon section a while ago but in order to keep to cutting edge there are still some features that would be very beneficial.

1. Allow in one coupon code a mix between percent off and free shipping
  2. Allow multiple coupon codes at the checkout page
  3. When creating a coupon, to be able to indicate if this coupon can be used with another coupon or not.
  4. Set the coupon to start at a specific date and time. Currently the coupons can be set to a date (which it uses the server date and not the local date from the webstore) but not a time. It would be very helpful to use the date and time of where the store is located just like you have for the banners.
  5. same as #4 for the expiration time.

Thank you
Isaac

1 Like

Hi Isaac,

Support brought this to my attention.

Thank you for the feature suggestions.

In general, I have to say that multiple coupon support is very uncommon on the web in general. I haven’t personally seen any web sites that do that. Multiple actions per coupon is also quite unusual. Do you have some example sites doing that?

We have always avoided multiple coupons for that reason.

The time-based expiries isn’t a big deal, and we can add that as a suggestion.

Regards,
Donogh

Hi Donogh,

The only reason I would ever want multiple coupons would be when the store wants to give a coupon code for a discount off the shopping cart and also use a coupon code for free shipping. Both of these coupons would be active on the same cart and should be allowed.

That is the only time I have seen this and I personally used this when shopping on a few sites. There wouldn’t necessarily have to be multiple boxes to add multiple coupon codes, the way the other sites that I have used it on work, you enter the first coupon code, hit apply coupon and if the coupon is valid it adds it to the cart, now you can enter a second coupon code and if it does not conflict with the first one, it will add this second one as well.

Just to give you 1 site off the top of my head where I used this all the time, ctshirts.com

If you need more, I can certainly send you more.

Thanks
Isaac

Okay, thanks Isaac.

I presume this is a feature request rather than a quote request.

:smile:It’s always better as a Feature request then a quote request :smile: as long as it does not take 6 months to get this feature.

Thanks
Isaac

Hi Isaac,

We get a lot of feature requests—every retailer prioritises features differently, and with 500+ customers, there is surprisingly little in common between requests, even when one user presumes a feature is “obvious” or a “glaring omission” (we get this a lot :wink:).

Honestly, a feature request is basically a suggestion to us. We really cannot commit to a timeframe like 6 months when there are plenty of other customers willing to pay for features, and paid features will always be prioritised over suggestions.

So we can add the suggestion, but that doesn’t mean we’re planning to implement it any time soon; it doesn’t even mean we’re planning to implement it at all, I’m afraid. Suggestions are prioritised based on demand, from a combination of prospects and existing customers, as well as strategic considerations.

Regards,
Donogh

Hi Donogh,

I completely understand and get were your coming from. May I suggest something else :slight_smile:

Create a section on your site, where all feature requests are posted, and people can simply vote for it.

But, yes I totally understand what your saying.

I will discuss with my retailer and get back to you if he would want a quote.

Thanks
Isaac

Hi Isaac,

Appreciate your understanding.

We do have this category on the forum I added from your suggestion: Feature Requests - WebSell

Unfortunately, everything takes dev time, including adding new sections to our web site. With a 5-person dev team, two web platforms with five different versions, multiple desktop apps with 8 different editions of each, our own web site, etc., and millions of lines of code between them, there is only so much we can get done…

Sounds good.

Donogh