Moving out of stock and discontinued items to another department

We would like to automatically move our of stock and discontinued items to to another Department and Category. We do not wish to recode the department and category within the RMS and PAM as this will effect some of our existing reports.

The department and category would not be visible from our website menus, however the search would allow them to be found and also Google searches would enable our customers to see them.

The thought process is that when customers search for these items (either within the website search or from external engines) we can inform them that they are discontinued and offer another alternative, hopefully increasing sales.

Within NSC Sync we have set up the sync to automatically set both the product_departmentid and category_link to a new department and category. This all appears to work correctly, with the new department and category numbers being synced.

So finally to my question, the items are still in their original Department and Category, rather than the new ones. I assume that somewhere else in the sync has a setting as to which Department and Category the item is placed into - a pointer to this would be great!

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Well done, you’re halfway there! You’re correct: individual items have department and category assignments. We also have a productnavigation table that looks like this:

+--------------------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field                    | Type                | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+--------------------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| productnavigation_id     | varchar(15)         | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| productnavigation_level  | tinyint(3) unsigned | NO   | MUL | NULL    |       |
| productnavigation_navid  | int(10) unsigned    | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| productnavigation_itemid | int(10) unsigned    | NO   |     | 0       |       |

ID is a unique ID for the row, corresponding to a table named nitrosell_productnavigation in your RMS DB.

You would need to update to that table to also reflect the new department and category for the items. To explain the fields:

• productnavigation_id: LEVEL-NAVID-PRODID, .e.g, level 1 (department ID), dept ID 23, product ID 1234 – ‘1-23-1234’
  • productnavigation_level: 1: dept ID, 2: cat ID
  • productnavigation_navid: ID of navigation level (dept ID or cat ID), e.g., 23
  • productnavigation_itemid: ID of the item

Example row: ‘1-23-1234’, ‘1’, ‘23’, ‘1234’

Hope that makes sense! It’s a little trickier to work around than the straight item field mappings. Let us know if you need more help!

Kind regards,
Donogh

Hi Donogh

Many thanks for the reply. I am not sure how to update the table, would you like me to open a ticket?

Regards

Mark

It might be easier, please, Mark. This is a little complicated; I guess our dev team would need to get involved.

Regards,
Donogh

Thanks Donogh, I have opened a support ticket.