How do I purge cache on Nsc Sync?

The Advanced Settings screen enables you to configure internal NSc Sync synchronization settings.

Cache Control

NSc Sync utilizes a caching system to boost its synchronization speed. This ensures that only data that has changed is uploaded to the server.

During every synchronization, NSc Sync stores a cache, or snapshot, of the data on your WebStore. For efficiency, only data that has changed since the last synchronization is uploaded. These changes are computed by comparing the current snapshot with the previous one.

The cache is stored in your POS database and is a “per database” cache. Therefore, if you switch databases, the cache in the POS database no longer corresponds to the data on your WebStore. To correct this, you need to purge the cache, which deletes the local snapshot and forces NSc Sync to create a new one.

Switching the WebStore database (for example, if you switch from a demo WebStore to a staging WebStore) will also result in the cache being out of sync. A purge should also be performed in this instance to correct the problem.

To purge the cache, perform the following steps:

Select Purge cache tables once I click OK, then click OK.

The Purge Cache dialog box is displayed:

Select the tables that you wish to purge. To purge all tables, right-click the table list and select Select All.

Click OK to purge the selected cache tables.

The cache is rebuilt the next time you synchronize.

The ProductImages cache contains by far the largest amount of data and can usually be de-selected during cache purge operations, unless you are having problems that are specific to images (for example, images not appearing or updating properly). Purging image cache tables usually results in a lengthy synchronization, due to the large size of image files. Deleting the cache should generally be done only on the suggestion of technical support. Whenever you purge the cache and you include the customer table, the records of any customer who has never placed an order and had it successfully downloaded into the POS will be deleted during the purging process. This is because when a customer registers on the WebStore, his details will not appear in the POS database until he places an order and that order has been downloaded in the POS during synchronization.

Deleting the cache should generally be done only on the suggestion of technical support.

Whenever you purge the cache and you include the customer table, the records of any customer who has never placed an order and had it successfully downloaded into the POS will be deleted during the purging process. This is because when a customer registers on the WebStore, his details will not appear in the POS database until he places an order and that order has been downloaded in the POS during synchronization.

Advanced Network Settings

Advanced Network Settings should not be changed unless you have been instructed to do so by NitroSell Support. Changing these settings can greatly affect the synchronization process.

I have purged the cache on Nsc Sync; however, my product updates from PAM are still not showing up on my website. What else can I do? Thanks

Hi Debbie,

Can you advise which item you’re trying to update, please?

Also, which field or fields have had their values changed?

Finally, can you please double-check that PAM is connected to the same database as Sync? To verify, please specify the name of the database here.

I have requested a diagnostic upload from your POS. We can use that to investigate further.

Regards,
Donogh

P.S. I noticed you also opened ticket 98397 for this issue. I have closed that and provided a link to this forum post instead.

Hi Donogh,

I entered two new item numbers #950111 and #950112 and after attempting to syn numerous times did not see the items appear, and after looking further into it, discovered that the inventory is not accurate on the website. Thanks, Debbie

RMS_GV

I notice there is a filter on the Item table [webitem=1 AND inactive=0 AND (quantity-quantitycommitted>0)] that will cause only those items with a positive quantity available to be uploaded to the WebStore. Do items #950111 and #950112 have a positive quantity available set in RMS as follows :

1 Like